Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Nuri Update: November AT Report


Well with Thanksgiving on Thursday and no one working on Wednesday (well for the most part anyways!) the AT reports went out today instead! So I was very excited to see what Nuri's report read.

For the most part it told me everything that I already knew would be the case. Her trainer is Lisa (YAY!) and she is still pending on her health evaluations. She went on a field trip to Petco and there they take them off their GLs and take their vests off and just see how they react in an environment. Nuri apparently wanted to meet and greet all the other dogs in the store! Very shocking for her since she tends to be a bit more aloof towards other dogs.

She was also forging on her leash which is something that is not really news to me. I have been trying to work with her on a flat collar and she was never very good at this. She worked better while on the GL than anything else. It will be interesting to see how she progresses as she begins to work with a prong collar.

She has also adjusted well to the kennels which is something that I was a little worried about. She has stayed in the kennels before and I hoped that this would calm her down when she turned-in. Seems that it worked out well!!

It really wasn't a bad report, but again, it's only been about a week and a half of her being there. She begins her Advanced Training next week and that's when all the fun begins! It will be interesting to see her next report and see how she has progressed.

Until then I'll have to entertain you all with stories of little Bright!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving! It's our honor to be able to present you with an award on our blog today. Thank you for all that you do! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just discovered your blog and read the last several posts. Tremendous salute to you for what you do. While The Herd are rescues, I can not imagine giving them up once I work through their issues. But I know how important that is in both rescue and service dog training.

    What a great blog to discover on Thanksgiving Day and gives me something else to be thankful for.

    Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete