Tuesday, February 24, 2009

A Sweet Introduction

Hello all!

I'm relatively new at this whole blogging thing, but I'm going to give it a try anyways. My name is Lauren and I am a volunteer puppy raiser for Canine Companions for Independence (CCI). I'm currently raising my 7th puppy, Nuri, who is a pure Golden Retriever. Let me tell you a bit about this wonderful organization. CCI is a non-profit organization that provides highly trained assistance dogs to people with disabilities other than blindness. My job as a Puppy Raiser is to raise a little fluff-ball to one day become a working dog.

My current puppy is Nuri who was born on July 11, 2008 to mom Brynna and dad OMSI III. She's the oldest of 7 pups who are being raised by puppy raisers around the country. Nuri loves to train and play.

I hope that through this blog people can understand what a Service Dog learns and can travel along on this amazing journey with me.

I'll keep everyone posted!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats Lauren! I love your blog and am bookmarking it now! I sure will check back often. keep up with the good work!

    ReplyDelete