Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Having fun!

Decided to do some shopping yesterday and headed out to Wal-Mart with Nuri! We were looking for plants and spent most of the time out in the Garden Center. They have these little black stands to put the plants on. Nuri and I had a lot of fun working on Up and then Jump with these!I just feel like ranting for a few lines...When a person says that their dog cannot be pet, why do people still do it??!! I think I told the cashier at Wal-mart about three times to not pet Nuri as we were working on the Up command at the register. She still pet her on the nose. Each time I told Nuri Off and told the woman again not to pet her. It seemed to fall on deaf ears. When a person says don't pet, then don't pet!! It's not that hard!

Okie, ranting is over. We also went to Borders and did a bit of shopping, while working on commands as well. We worked a bit on Under, and trying to distinguish between Up and Jump. I know they do this a lot in AT and a lot of dogs don't know the difference between the two. I try to work on it as much as possible.

The more I learn about what goes on in AT and the ADA certification test, the more things that I work on. I learned that during the ADA test the dogs are off lead in a store and have to walk next to their companion. Yikes! Wilara was so good that she would have no problem walking next to me. Don't worry! I never let her off lead! I have a short 2 foot lead that I will usually use in training and when out in public I would take the lead and drape it over Wilara's back and have her walk next to me. It's kind of the same idea of walking next to me without my keeping hold of her lead. I usually did this when there was someone else with me in case anything happened. I tried it in many different places, Target, the mall, Borders, Wegmans, etc. She did very well in every situation and just needed me to say her name to slow down a bit if I changed speeds.

Nuri was also being a bit silly while out on the deck. I looked out the door and suddenly found her sitting in the chair!

It was really cute so I told her to Stay and ran to get my iPhone to take a picture!

We had a Chapter meeting also last night which was interesting. We are in a "transition of power" phase right now so it was really a bunch of us getting together to hash out different options :). Always fun! Nuri was VERY good during the meeting which made me really happy. She stayed by my side and under the table which doesn't normally happen with her. Usually she likes to be out in the middle of the room where everyone can see her. She was back into her "snooty" mode and had her nose so high up in the air around the other dogs! You know those Valley Girls....

And sigh....everyone still asks me if Nuri is part Collie. She has such a little dainty face with such a pointy nose that everyone asks if she's a Collie or a Sheltie. I swear she isn't! But she does hang out with two Shelties, so maybe that has something to do with it :). I have had a lot of people ask if she's part Collie and a lot of people asked me when she was younger if I hung her by her tail to make it so long! She did have an abnormally long tail as a puppy, or at least that's what it seemed like.

And just when I thought maybe Nuri was over being sick, last night happened. We got home from the meeting and Nuri, as usual, ran straight for the water bowl. She drank about a gallon of water and then up came her dinner! Sigh....so here we go again. I will keep an eye on her and hope that it's not due to stress. Although she was fine all day after going out in public. Looks like I will have to introduce her to going out in public again like she was a 5 month old puppy. Yay.....

No comments:

Post a Comment