Tuesday, September 29, 2009

I'm so bad at this!!

I am the worst blogger!! I kept meaning to get a post up, but things have been super hectic over the last few weeks. If you can be patient, I will catch everyone up on the past few weeks.


In happier news though (and a switch in dogs!) Wilara has been certified as a Therapy Dog and Canine Good Citizen!!! YAY!! The test was a week ago Saturday and was incredibly easy for my very well trained girl! She tended to do the commands needed just before the instructor told me to give them. It was hilarious! And there was a section of the test where there was a girl and her dog that were to come meet me in the middle of the room. We had to put the dogs in a sit next to us and then we shake hands and introduce ourselves to each other. The dogs just had to sit quietly next to us during the whole thing and not try to interact with each other. Wilara sat perfectly next to me when I stopped and then turned to greet the girl. She was having issues getting her dog to sit! It was hilarious! And they do a seperation anxiety test where someone else takes Wilara into a small room and see how she does without seeing me. Again not an issue with my Wila! The guy that took her into the room actually forgot that she was there she was so good! I was laughing the whole time. Needless to say, she passed with flying colors and is now a TDI dog and a CGC!! Yahoo!!!

We have been doing many street fairs on the weekends and generating awareness for CCI which has been so much fun. I have been ALL over the state this month and because of that this blog has been put to the side. Hopefully now things will settle back to normal with not so many events headed my way. Yay for a break!!!

This past Sunday we were at the Kessler Stroll and Roll at Verona Park and there we met 2009 Miss Wheelchair New Jersey!! It was so great! And I also had to give a few interviews to the people that were there for the press. Yikes!! Hopefully I did a good enough job. Eek!

No comments:

Post a Comment