Sunday, March 29, 2009

Dinner out

On Friday I went out to eat for dinner. Love to eat out! I decided to take Nuri with me this time and see how she did. For our New Jersey Chapter meetings we sometimes go out to a restaurant for dinner/meeting. It's a good way for our pups to learn how to behave in a restaurant while also giving us a chance to socialize and catch up with each other. Nuri has always been pretty good at these meetings, but she likes to be the "center of attention" and will try to come out from under the table more often than not. So I figured that this would be a good time to take her out. It was early, so there weren't that many people there for a Friday night at 5 pm.
She stayed under the table nicely! She mostly just fell asleep on my feet which is what she does at home anyways. Barnacle Bill's (the restaurant) is famous for people eating peanuts at the table and then just dropping the shells onto the floor. It's a good distraction for Nuri. I always ask them to sweep out the shells from under our table, and since we know the owner it's never a problem! Nuri did manage to swipe a stray shell but spit it right out again. I guess she decided that she doesn't like peanuts! After that I was able to keep a closer eye on her by moving her closer to me. She was such a good girl! I was expecting her to want to get out from under the table, but she just stayed in a Down, with a bit of moving around. It seems that she can never stay in one spot for too long. Maybe too much energy!

Nuri had the whole weekend off from having to do any kind of training. YAY for short little breaks! I plan to start up her training again on Monday, so relaxation time (for both of us!) is almost over.

This coming weekend on the 4th of April is NER's Puppy Raiser Workshop/Volunteer Appreciation Day and of course we will be there! I hope to see many people I know and have a great time. This is the first year that I have been able to make the day due to work schedules and other commitments. I'm very excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment